Hot Stone Massage Muswell Hill
To book call: 020 8883 4981
Hot stone massage Muswell Hill combines the benefits of Hydrotherapy and Thermotherapy (the use of heat application). During treatment the heated smooth Basalt (volcanic rock) stones can be placed on specific acupressure points on the body. The therapist can also use them in the palms of their hands to apply traditional massage strokes. Heat from the hot stones warms the skin to allow; greater absorption of the moisturising and therapeutic oils and also prepares the musculature for work into the deeper muscle layers. It literally melts away the tension leaving you deeply relaxed.
It is generally accepted that 1 stroke with a hot stone is equivalent to 5-10 massage strokes of the therapist’s hands.
- Benefits of Hot stone massage
- Reduces chronic stress and tension
- Helps to break down adhesions ‘Knots’
- Deeper more relaxing, healing treatment Stimulates circulation to the
- surrounding tissues
- Improves flexibility in joints, aiding mobility and movement
- Relieves pain, tension and muscle spasms, created by strained and contracted muscles
- Increases lymph flow, helps to detoxify, eliminate toxins and waste products from the area
Hot Stone Massage is offered by Tanya Spencer